7.20.2012

Farmhouse Bread (Bread Machine)

One of my favorite things to make is homemade bread.  I have and still make a lot of my bread by hand.  However, my bread machine is one of favorite kitchen toys.  I use it weekly.
We were out of bread today and I threw this together in the bread machine.  I am not a big fan of how bread baked in the bread machine turns out so I let the bread machine do the mixing, kneading and the rising and generally bake the bread in the oven.

Farmhouse Bread (Bread Machine)
1 loaf 1 3/4 pound

1 1/4 milk
1 egg
2 T butter (melted)
2/3 t salt
2 T honey or sugar
3 1/2 cups of bread flour (I used 3 cups of regular bread flour & 1/2 cup red wheat)
2 t of bread machine yeast
2 T sesame seeds (optional)

1. Place ingredients in bread machine in recommended order
2. Use dough cycle to mix up ingredients, mix in seeds at appropriate beep
3. After the dough cycle is complete, remove dough
4. Place dough in lightly oiled bread pan (I used cooking spray)
5. Cover dough with damp dish towel and let rise in warm area for approx 30 minutes
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Bake for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown and has a hollow sound when tapped on bottom.

Ciao~ Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment