7.22.2012

Weekend Freezer Cooking

I usually do my freezer cooking on Saturday while Brad is work.  That was not the case this weekend.  The weather was very gray and I needed to make bread.  Not a good combination.  So, I put off most of my cooking for the week until today (Sunday).

Every few weeks we do a big breakfast meat cooking day. Because our time is so limited during weekday mornings. We cook in advance and freeze it, so all we have to do is pull it out and pop it in a skillet or the microwave for a short amount of time and chow down.

Freezer cooking day 7/22/12

Homemade Breakfast Sausage (I will post the recipe in a few days)
 

Pork Tenderloin & Country Sausage (from the local market)
Center Cut Bacon
Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
I had some odds and ends to use up and threw everything together for a tasty homemade soup.  We will use this for lunches for a few days this week. 
 Asiago Cheese Bread
We have been sampling various cheeses lately.  Brad brought home some Asiago and it was begging to be made into a loaf of bread.  Of course, I had to oblige.  I scoured the Internet looking for a good recipe and this is the one I settled on.  I will post a picture and reviews very soon. 

Did you do any freezer cooking this weekend?

Ciao~ Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment