Makes 2 quart jars of brine solution
3 cups water
2 cups white vinegar
1/4 pickling salt (regular table salt works too, but can make the pickles cloudy)
Cucumbers quartered for strips or sliced for chips
pepper corns, garlic cloves, onions, peppers, jalapenos, habaneros (optional ingredients)
1. Boil the 3 ingredient above and then once boiling turn down to a simmer. Until ready to use.
2. Place the canning jars, lids and rings in boiling water for 10 minutes
3. Remove jars from boiling water.
4. Pack jars with cucumbers, dill and optional ingredients.
5. Pour simmering brine solution over pickles and leave 1/2 space at top of jar.
6. Wipe off jar tops to ensure good seal and place lid and ring on jar.
7. Place in hot water bath (boiling water) for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and allow to cool. As the jars cool they will seal (make a POP noise)Ciao~ Amy