7.28.2012

Homemade Pizza

My freezer cooking plan fell to the wayside today as other things popped up.  I did manage to get a couple of pizza crusts made.  One of them was dinner and the other one was par-baked and frozen for a quick nite pizza dinner on a later day. Keeping the delivery guy at bay. I have a basic Pizza Dough Recipe that I have used for years.  It's great for calzones, stromboli, pizza, cinnamon & sugar twists, etc.  Easily doubled. I make it in the bread machine on my 15 minute cycle and then bake it.

Pizza Dough
3/4 cup luke warm water
1 T olive oil (canola oil will work too)
1 1/2 t salt
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour (I use a combination of red wheat and all purpose)
*making this with all wheat makes a very dense and chewy crust
1 t sugar
2.25 t yeast
(optional add ins) basil, garlic powder, parsley, oregano
cornmeal for dusting pan

1. Preheat oven to 450 degreese. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
2. Place all ingredients in bread machine in recommended order.  I use my pasta cycle (15 minutes). 3. Take dough out and work out to fit pizza pan. 
4. Load with sauce and cheese and bake in heated oven for 5-6 minutes
5. Remove from oven the load with remainder of toppings.  Bake for additional 7-8 minutes.

*If freezing.  At Step 3 do not load with toppings. Bake for 6 minutes, cool.
Wrap well with aluminum foil and freeze for later use.
When ready to use, no need to thaw.  Load with toppings and bake at 450 degrees for 7-8 minutes.


Ciao! Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment