This is a recipe I found in my mother's collection and it's a keeper.
It's mild with a very nice peach flavor. Use ripe peaches.
I usually add a dash of nutmeg to the batter for that little extra something.
Fresh Peach Pound Cake
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 t vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour (reserve 1/4 cup)
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 cups fresh peaches, pitted, peeled and chopped
dash of nutmeg (optional)
* Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray bundt pan with cooking spray & sprinkle with sugar
1. In a large bowl beat softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition
3. Stir in vanilla
4. Sift the 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt together
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture a little at a time
6. Mix (reserved) 1/4 cup flour and peaches together
7. Fold peaches into cake batter
8. Spread evenly into prepared pan
9. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until tester comes out clean
10. Cool 15 minutes in pan before removing
11 Serve with a dollop of cool whip after cool.