8.12.2012

Freezer Cooking Sunday

It's been crazy around here with Brad and I working extra hours.
I haven't had a lot of time to do any extra cooking.
But, I have been thankful for the freezer dinners in my freezer for those nights
when there is no time to cook.

 I took a couple of hours
today to put up a bit of produce and make some bread. 
So we will call this a 2 hour cooking session.

Colby Jack Cheese Bread
makes 2 small loaves
 1 1/4 cup of milk
2 T butter, cut up
1 t honey or sugar (I used orange blossom honey)
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/4 cups Colby jack cheese shredded. Reserve 1/4 cup.
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t garlic powder
3 3/4 cups bread flour
2 1/4 t of bread yeast

1. Add ingredients to your bread machine in order recommended.
2. Run dough on dough cycle.
3. Once cycle is complete, turn dough onto a floured surface.
4. Divide dough into 2 pieces
5. Shape into loaves and place on greased, cornmeal sprinkled pan.
6. Cover with damp cloth.
7. Let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size. In a warm draft free area.
8. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
9. Slash dough length wise and sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup cheese.
10. *Optional* Sprinkle with basil, oregano or parsley.  I used parsley for color.
11. Bake 25-35 minutes or until done. 

Shelled field peas to freeze.

Froze whole tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. 
I wash them, dry them and throw them in a freezer bag for soups & stews in the winter.
How easy is that?
I also had Brad's help cooking 2 pounds of center cut bacon for breakfasts.

Ciao! Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment